Kościół Logo Trappistes Rochefort Rochefort Trappist beer Wieża kościoła Westmalle Logo Westmalle Trappist beer Nalewanie piwa Abbey beer Val-Dieu Val-Dieu Logo St. Feuillien Blonde St-Feuillien Logo Brewery Abbey beer Browar St Bernardus Craft beer Logo St. Bernardus Lupulus na stole Lupulus Craft beer Logo lupulus
logo kieliszek żółte

OUR MISSION IS TO EXTEND THE CULTURE OF THE BELGIAN WORLD OF BREWING IN POLAND. WE ARE THE ONLY DIRECT IMPORTER OF THE BEST BEERS IN THE COUNTRY, STRAIGHT FROM BREWERIES WITH AGE-CENTURED TRADITIONS. THANKS TO US, YOU WILL TRY THE BEST BEERS IN EUROPE. THESE MUSTS ARE WAITING FOR YOU: ROCHEFORT, WESTMALLE, VAL-DIEU, ST FEUILLIEN, ST BERNARDUS, LUPULUS.

TRY THEM TODAY! QUALITY AT YOUR FINGERTIPS!

Trappist beer

Logo autentyczności
Find out more

Rochefort

The first mentions of the Cistercian abbey in Rochefort come from 1230. History did not spare this place. The abbey was completely destroyed around 1789. It was not until 1887 that the Notre Dame de St Rémy abbey was rebuilt. During this period, the only source of income for the local monks was agriculture. The breakthrough came in 1899, when we can date the development of brewing, also led by local religious brothers. With time, the sale of beer began to dominate and became the most important source of income for the monks, and it is so to this day.
Three types of beer have been brewed in Rochefort for around 65 years, Trappist Rochefort 6, 8 and 10. These names have been kept out of respect for tradition and say nothing about the alcohol content of the beer. The numerals in the names are the old units of measurement used in Belgium to indicate the density of beer for any form of fermentation.
Before the famous Trappists Rochefort beers (Rochefort 6, 8 and 10) were made, Rochefort monks brewed exceptionally heavy blonde beer in the 1920s. Now a hundred years later, from September 2020, they will happily brew a heavy blonde beer inspired by the original recipe again: the Trappist Rochefort ” Triple extra”.
Fontanna crachehurs

Westmalle

The Abbey of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart in Westmalle belongs to the Cistercian Order which was founded in the 11th century. This order was colloquially called “Trappist” in honor of the Norman abbey of La Trappe.
From there, from the 17th century, the reform of the Cistercian Order spread. Founded in 1794, Westmalle Abbey is part of the “Cistercian Strict Watch” but is best known as the “Trappist Abbey of Westmalle “.
Logo Westmalle

Abbey beer

Logo
Find out more

Val-Dieu

Kościół val Dieu

RINGS

The history of the Abbey of Val-Dieu is symbolized by two rings whose motto is: “In Vinculo Pacis” (in relationships of peace) and has its source in Bilia (Letter to the Ephesians).
The history of this Latin phrase means “In a relationship of peace” and comes from the Bible (Ephesians). These two rings are found on many of the abbey’s supports (walls, floor, stained glass windows, chairs, doors, hearth, etc.) and have been unforgettable in the local brewery. You will find them on the new labels of Val-Dieu beer. And this is how history has survived through the ages and today you can taste it at any time.

BREWERY SECRETS

Water and yeast
These are the two most important ingredients of any unique beer. The first ingredientcomes from the Gileppe reservoir , which is a natural source of excellent quality, located 20-30 km from other world famous springs such as Spa, Bru and Chaudfontaine.
The second ingredient is excellent yeast, stored in the Abbey, and consists of microscopic fungi (Saccharomyces cerevisiae). They have a very beneficial effect on the human body, but most of all they ensure the famous fermentation. Thanks to them, our beer is a rich source of B vitamins and minerals and is a powerful antioxidant. According to tradition, the production process of Val-Dieu beer takes 6 to 8 weeks. During this time, a high alcohol content is obtained (6% for Blond beer, 8% for Brown beer and 9% for Triple) and unique beer aromas.
The specificity of our drink is that it is the only Belgian Abbey beer brewed in the monastery itself; where the Christian community still lives.

Cistercian abbey

The “Notre-Dame du Val-Dieu” was founded in 1216 by the monks of Hocht who came to this area from around Maastricht. According to legend, the uninhabited valley enjoyed a very bad reputation, which earned it the nickname “Devil’s Valley”. After the monks settled down, this land was renamed the “Valley of God”. The Abbaye du Val-Dieu also takes its history from this territory. It is the only Belgian abbey that survived the French Revolution. The Christian community of Val-Dieu still occupies this seat and is united with the Cistercian Order. For us, however, the most important thing is brewing and this whole story is connected with beer in its finale. Well, the monks of the Val-Dieu Abbey became the precursors of the beer brewed here today. In addition, the Cistercian orders are known for their brewing talents. The development of the brewing activity was initially associated with the need to produce drinking water, which allowed to avoid diseases such as cholera or typhus. Monks have studied yeast and the history of different types of fermentation for centuries. They developed carefully guarded recipes, thanks to which they created a sophisticated beer manufacture. Today, our beers are inspired by the original recipes of monks, faithful to the tradition of reference to history in the bottle. Like all Abbey beers, including those from Val-Dieu, they are made without adding any aromas or spices, using the old infusion method.
PHOTO6
Val-Dieu Logo

ST FEUILLIEN

A BEER ELEGANCE WITH A GREAT TRADITION

Brasserie St Feuillien was founded in 1873 by Stéphanie Friart. With the fifth generation on the track, the Friart family continues to produce a wide range of beers including Abbaye St-Feuillien, signature products including Grand Cru, Saison and Grisette , thus proving their desire to anchor themselves in the history of their region and perpetuate their traditions in this country. Constantly caring about the quality of its products and investing in this tool in a sustainable way, the family brewery develops new beers such as Grisette Blonde or Triple Organic Gluten-Free , as well as the latest FIVE and St Feuillien Quadruple. The last ten years have been significant investments, including the installation of a new, fully automated and highly efficient brewhouse. It is a family owned and independent brewery, member of the Belgian Family Brewers.
 
Logo Brewery

ST BERNARDUS

Piwo na stole
1147_1500x350c
1934 – 1946
It was during this period that Evariste Deconinck developed a cheese factory from the present guesthouse ” Brouwershuis ” on the Trappistenweg. The cheese is marketed under the brand name ‘St. Bernard Watou” and ” Port Salut de Watou”.
Transport
1946 – 1992
Shortly after the Second World War, the Westvleteren Trappists asked Evariste Deconinck to license and sell their Trappist beers. The first license agreement is signed for 30 years. The relocation is accompanied by the Polish master brewer Mathieu Szafranski. In addition to his know-how, he also brings with his luggage recipes and original yeast “St Sixtus “. A new brewery is being built next to the cheese factory. In 1959 the cheese factory was sold, at least the plant and brand itself, which was transferred to the St. Bertinus in Poperinge. It will later become an integral part of the Elvapo group. In 1986, Belgomilk took over the business. In the early 1960s, Guy Claus, husband of Bernadette Deconinck (Evariste’s daughter), joins the brewery and negotiates an extension of the license agreement with Westvleteren Abbey. The new contract was concluded in 1962 for a new period of 30 years, ie. until 1992.
Logo wytwarzanie piwa
1992 – 1998
The contract expired definitively in 1992, when the Trappist breweries decided not to name “Authentic Trappist Beer” any more for the beers brewed in the abbey. From that day on, the beers were sold under the brand “St Bernardus “. These years were characterized primarily by uncertainty and difficulties in starting the brewery under a new brand.
Logo St. Bernardus

HISTORY OF THE BREWERY

 

1900 – 1930
At the beginning of the 20th century, the Trappists of Mont des Cats Abbey (Catsberg) left northern France and took refuge in Watou. They settle on the farm “Patershof” (sometimes also called “Courtewyle”), a stone’s throw from the current brewery. They called it the “Refuge de Notre-Dame de Saint-Bernard”. The new name was not without connection with reality, because for these Trappists it was a refuge. They fled France, where they wanted to impose income tax on them, which was not yet the case in Belgium. The monks of the settlements began producing cheese.
1145_1500x350c
1930 – 1934
Attitudes towards religious in France have improved, and the monks of the Mont des Cats Abbey decide to return to their country of origin and end their activities in Belgium. The cheese factory is taken over by Evariste Deconinck. The hostel was later sold to CPAS in Bruges.
Browar 2
Transport piwa
1998-2018
In 1998, the brewery was taken over by Hans Depypere, who slowly but surely got it back on track. Under his leadership, the brewery increased its sales from 2,000 hectoliters to nearly 40,000 hectoliters (2017) over the course of twenty years. This progress is the result of significant investments, culminating in the opening of a new wing in 2018. In the wing there are additional warehouses, a new brewery, event and conference rooms and seminars, a new reception for guided tours of the brewery and icing on the cake, an impressive panoramic roof terrace (360 °) with a bar and a tasting area, aptly named “Bar Bernard “.
Browar logo

 

craft beers

Flaga niemiec

LUPULUS

Established in 2004 with the intention of supplying a neighboring bistro with barrels of malted drinks. Then the ” Lupulus ” Brewery decided in 2007 to create a new beer bottled with champagne. Of course, in addition to this extravagance, beer is also available in barrels.
The brewers’ wish was to design beer that was brewed with scrupulous respect for tradition, but equipped with completely unique and new aromas and flavors combined with modern equipment. The unique environment in which the brewery develops its activities could only inspire these “barley artisans”.
 
The brewery is indeed located within the walls of a magnificent 19th century farm that is part of the Belgian Ardennes heritage, amidst lush greenery bordering a stream with pristine water.
At a time when even our ancestors did not see it, wolves inhabited the quiet and harsh spaces of these beautiful Ardennes. It is said that these hordes came from Slovenia, the country where the best hops in the world are born.
 
True or false? Anyway, thanks to this combination, a purebred beer was born: LUPULUS.
 
It is worth knowing that the Latin name of hops is HUMULUS LUPULUS, which literally means “LITTLE COLORFUL WOLF”.